Thursday, September 23, 2010

A house of prayer?

Perched above our bed the other night on the light/fan, we found a praying mantis, several inches long. It looked like it was praying (preying?), perched on the light, probably catching bugs attracted to the light. How it got there, I have no idea. I got it into a cup, and put it outside on a bush, where it hopefully continues to catch and kill evil bugs. I have been told it is a crime to hurt a praying mantis.

Does this make our home a house of prayer?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know but the other day my husband found a praying mantis on a bush in our yard and as he went to take a picture of it, the thing attacked him(the camera captured the whole account). I have been wondering what is the spiritual significance of that? A call to prayer perhaps....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete