Thursday, April 21, 2011

Where do you get all those books?

Guests in my office often ask me where I got all my books, and if I have read them all! I have not read them all, but can give you a summary of pretty much all of them (most I have at least skimmed).

But the best place to get books are used book sales, of which I go to 3 in the spring. The Bryn Mawr book sale in Princeton is enormous (Louise is an alum and works at it). Like all the others, you can take all the books you can carry in a box on the last day for $5, which can mean a lot of books. The Freehold Association of University Women is pretty good too, and I got a lot of Christian books there last year. (It is still coming in June, if you are interested).

But for Christian books, nothing comes close to the Princeton Seminary sale last week. Imagine a gym with thousands of books, and whole tables devoted to old testament, counseling, preaching, practical issues, or commentaries, etc. You can pretty much find any Christian book older than 2 years there. I got a lot for myself, as gifts for others, and for our church library. The cost was $1 for a paperback, and $3 for hard covers. The cost steadily declines as the sale progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment