Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prayer-walking Manalapan

Yesterday I began prayer-walking Manalapan, the town west of our church where I live. Manalapan is an Indian word meaning "land of good bread", or possibly "land with edible submerged roots". (I like the second meaning better, but my goal is to make it a place where the bread of life (Jesus) is well-known.) It was a center of the incredible Great Awakening in the 1700's through the revival at the Tennent church. Obviously, that was a long time ago!

I figure that it will take about a year and a half to complete praying over every street, business, path and location in the town. Manalapan has about 450 streets and roads, and some of them are miles long. Generally, I cover about 2-3 miles a day, 4-6 streets every morning, praying and walking for about 50 minutes. I have a map in my pocket, along with my anointing oil, to anoint every spiritual power point, development entrance, and anything else I feel led to anoint.

It is amazing how many church people saw me over the past 2 years as I prayer-walked Marlboro. So if you see me in the morning walking, agree with me that the Holy Spirit will come down on Manalapan and make it the land of good bread. Manalapan residents, agree with me specially on this.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor, I thank God for your heart, your commitment to Christ and for your feet that are walking in the battle! You are taking the Kingdom of God by force and encouraging His saints to do the same. Thank you, for I feel personally that your prayers led me and my family to Marlboro and into Monmouth Worship Center. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete