Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A nonprophetic dream

I have gotten many comments about my prophetic dreams. I have had hundreds, if not thousands, of these over the years, and have started writing them down for the last 2 years. Recently I read a Christian book on the topic, "Dreams, Wisdom Within", by Herman Riffel, which gave me lots of ideas about this (maybe we will have a separate post on the book, it is worth it). But the question most asked is, "how can you tell if a dream is prophetic or not?"

Riffel's answer is that God spoke to people in the Bible countless times through dreams, and most societies see this as a valid way for God to speak. But in America, we tend to see dreams as nonsense, and to ignore them when God speaks to us through them.

My prophetic dreams have a different feel, a different weight than the rest of them. Last night I had a fun dream that I doubt was prophetic. I was in a house with people I knew (you may be one of them!). Gradually everyone but me turned into tigers. This became scary, as they lurked around hungry for something (or someone?) to eat. Then they became sick. But gradually they morphed back into people.

I am sure a psychoanalyst would have a field day with this dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment