Monday, November 9, 2009

Baltimore conference

Several people asked me about the "The voice of the apostles" conference I attended last week. It was super-charismatic, kind of a continuation of the Toronto revival movement. Bill Johnson spoke on the supernatural- amazing stuff. Heidi Baker, who has been responsible for starting 10,000 churches in Mozambique over about 15 years, also spoke. And several others you have heard of spoke, along with about 3000 participants who were present.

Two things really struck me. First, there is a hunger for God among our youth, many of whom are in alternative training programs (like my son Andrew currently is). Second, there is a hunger for the supernatural here in America which means that we will see amazing things here in the future.

I am optimistic about the future of the church in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment