Friday, July 2, 2010

Sci-fi dream

Last night I had a dream which reminded me of an Asimov science fiction story I read when I was about 17 (yes, I do remember it well). In the dream, I was in a basement in a place which had incredible fatal storms constantly on the surface, except for about an hour break every few days. At those times everyone went out onto the soaked surface and celebrated.

At the weather break I went out with about 5 people on to the surface. With 5 minutes left before the fatal storm came in full we began to run back to shelter, as the winds intensified. Suddenly the woman next to me collapsed. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.
She was surprisingly light, but I could barely run. The winds reached a dangerous pitch, and I was panting for breath. Everyone else was back in, I had maybe a minute before the storm became fatal. My heart was pounding- would I/we make it in?

Then I woke up! This would make a good TV show.

Any ideas what it means?

1 comment:

  1. You are going on missions trip where a fatal natural disaster happened. Will you (or we, as a church) get to people in Haiti, or other countries, with the saving (throwing over our/Jesus' shoulder) message before fatal weather? The short amount of time (an hour every few days) is exactly how we need to view our life, Eternity could be just an hour away, a minute even, none us know our time. It could also be prophetic, as in end times: current events are lining up so perfectly with end time prophecy, you may feel you only have an "hour" to reach people...

    Just some thoughts...

    ReplyDelete