Saturday, August 28, 2010

She's gone!

Thanks to all who prayed for my daughter Christina to get a job. She received and accepted an offer last Friday, and arrived in Grand Rapids, Michigan yesterday. She will be working as an editorial assistant with Baker Book House, a Christian publisher (I have many of their books, which are published under several names).

Why did she go so far? (I ask that myself!). There are only about a dozen major Christian publishers, of which about 4 are in Grand Rapids, 4 are in the Wheaton, Illinois area (where she spent the past 4 years, and interned with IV Press last semester), and 4 are scattered in other places. She is blessed to have gotten a job with one of them.

So, Thursday on our anniversary, Louise and she loaded up the car and drove out to Grand Rapids over 2 days. I am told it is a beautiful city, a very different world from Detroit, which is 150 miles away (and what I usually think of Michigan as). They have 3 days to get Christina a place to stay, to furnish it, and to move in. We believe that since God opened the door, He will provide all this quickly, plus a church, friends, etc.

But I miss Christina a lot already. After coming back from college, we were just getting used to her being home again. Michigan is so far away!

1 comment:

  1. awe Pastor Ken this is so sad but what a blessing for her at the same time! I dont know how parents do this...meaning sending off your kids to college and/or letting them move away from home to work. I know you have to let your kids go and make a life of their own sooner or later, but it must be so hard. I am not looking forward to it at all and I hope I can count on my church family that had to go through the same thing for advice and comfort! Best wishes and many many blessings to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete