Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jersey Boys story


For my birthday we went to see the Broadway show "Jersey Boys", which I have wanted to do for a long time. I am an oldies junkie, and also grew up in the area where some of them were from. The show was a lot of fun, I would recommend it.

I got a great sermon illustration from it too, illustrating how God blesses us when we give. The songwriter was at an intersection in New York when a grubby street girl starting squeegeeing his car. He thought she looked like a rag doll. When he reached into his pocket to give her something, all he had was $10, a lot for the occasion. But he gave it, and as soon as he gave it, the words and idea for the song came together instantly. You might say that it was a good investment, as they made a fortune on the song "Rag Doll."

As we give, God gives to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment