Sunday, April 29, 2012

Inheritances

I have read through the book of Joshua many times, but never got very excited about the section on the Israelites dividing up the land as their inheritance (Joshua 17-19), until now.  I noticed that the land was divided by family/clan, and thought, "What is my family's inheritance?"  Many earthly families do have inheritances, whether it is a special gift, calling, business or spiritual anointing. For example, my family seems to have an inheritance of unusual memory (through my father's side) and also financial skills and blessing. But I am not looking for a piece of land as an inheritance!  But I asked God for a spiritual inheritance for my family, and think it was answered.  I have no idea what it is, but want to see it. It will be something we share together.

It is interesting that the leader Joshua came up last to request and receive his inheritance.  Leaders, can we ask God for a special inheritance?

What is your family's inheritance?  I encourage you to ask for one.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Ken:

    I agree that we can ask for a special inheritance and I believe that God is already in the process of providing beyond our wildest imagination for our family. Thanks for sharing!

    God is good!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete