Sunday, April 29, 2012

The ultimate Bible trivia question

Here is the ultimate Bible trivia test- where does the word "Bible" come from?

I am so much enjoying reading through the Archaeological Study Bible this year.  This Bible must weigh about 5 pounds, it has lot in it!  Every year I read through a different Bible and all the footnotes and articles, which helps me to see some verses differently, and also learn a lot from the notes.  I picked this Bible to prepare me for our June Israel trip, and have learned a ton about the history and archaeology of the mid-east through it.  But I never knew where the term "Bible" came from until the other day when I read it there.

The first person to answer this question right gets a free Christian book as a prize.  Impress me with your answer! The book is "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian.

1 comment:

  1. Greek "biblos," which meant just book or books, later came to the mean THE book kept by Hebrew scholars in the Temple. Biblos comes down from ancient Egyptian words that mean papyrus (paper).

    ReplyDelete