Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dealing with anger

Last Saturday I spoke to about 35 men at our church men's breakfast on "Dealing with anger".   Ed Cole, the founder of the modern men's movement, says that anger, sex, and money are the 3 issues men struggle most with.  Judging from the many comments and reactions I got during and after the talk, this is more than true.  I highlighted my own struggle with anger, grazed over the things the Bible says on the topic (Proverbs is loaded on this topic), talked about the results of anger in our society and lives, and ended with some tips on how to deal with anger.  If you want to hear it, it will be posted on our church web site by Thursday.

Due to the groundswell of response on this, I will do a message or two on this in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Why not go one further? There are a ton of other stuff that we struggle with. How about a whole series on how to deal with ungodly attitudes. I took up Beth Moores challenge to memorize James and as I have been meditating on many of the passages I don't mind telling you I have had one good shaking from the Lord. This letter has really provoked me to ask God to up my level of sanctification and to help me live set apart for Him. It has been an amazing and wonderful time for me. PS I just finished chapter 3. :-) Wrestling with James 4:4-5 Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am considering doing a message series on dealing with common problems we face.

      Delete
  2. We need practical ways to not only understand our anger and why we revert to it so easily but how to deal with making real change in our lives.

    Kesick has a whole program on anger include some type of 12??? Step program.

    ReplyDelete