Monday, April 20, 2009

A NEW FORM OF EVANGELISM

When I drove into my driveway after church today, a $5 bill was laying right next to the driveway. Living on a main road, lots of stuff gets tossed onto our lawn (usually from the Wendy’s down the road), but rarely money. An empty faded envelope from our neighbor was next to it. It seemed likely that it was money sent by the grandmother next door to her granddaughter in Florida, which never got there.

Having just heard and been convicted about having integrity in our education hour class, I went right over to her house, and gave it to her. Unfortunately, there had been a card and another $5 inside, but that was blown somewhere else in Manalapan. But she was incredibly appreciative, having left the letter in her mailbox 3 weeks ago, before the mailbox fell apart, with the mail inside missing.

Maybe I have discovered a new form of evangelism- returning good lost stuff which I have found!

No comments:

Post a Comment