Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What are the chances?

In the morning, our friends the Jobes and I were reminiscing about the great hoagies of the famous Hoagie Haven in Princeton. “No place here in Chicago makes hoagies that good,” Karen lamented. This is true- I bought many hoagies from them when I ran the Student Hoagie Agency in college. Don’t forget- I know hoagies, I’ve sold ten thousand of them.

About 6 hours later, I am in the DuPage County college student center with Andrew, witnessing to students. In the distance, I see a young man in an orange and black (the colors of Princeton, very visible and distinctive). As he walks closer, I am stunned to see that it is a Hoagie Haven t-shirt from Princeton itself! How did he get this, being almost 900 miles away?

Unfortunately, Andrew kept talking, and I couldn’t stop the discussion to ask the guy how he got the shirt (must be quite a story). So Mr. Hoagie Haven walked right out of the center, and the mystery/coincidence continues.

1 comment:

  1. You need to go to Hoagie Haven and tell the owner about Hoagie Heaven.

    ReplyDelete