Thursday, May 7, 2009

National day of prayer

The National Day of Prayer is one of my favorite days. I love to pray, and here is one day where we are to gather together to do it. We had a great time at noon and at night in church praying for America, New Jersey, the church, etc.

But I am really crushed by our President’s distancing himself from the day. The Presidential proclamation, which usually comes out weeks in advance in a big signing ceremony with lots of press, is issued late on the day itself in private with no one present. For the first time in 25 years, the President has not sent a representative to the big nonpartisan Capital prayer meeting, nor did he even respond to the invitation. Though I know that the church should lead in prayer, in a certain sense the President is the spiritual leader of the nation, and should lead us to seek God in time of crisis.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way, sad that our leader didn't even acknowledge this day...

    ReplyDelete